Yoga Will always Be Associated with Patanjali
”In fact, it was not he [Patanjali] who invented Yoga; Yoga is far more ancient. Yoga had been there for many centuries before Patanjali. He is not the discoverer, but he almost became the discoverer and founder just because of this rare combination of his personality. Many people had worked before him and almost everything was known, but Yoga was waiting for a Patanjali. And suddenly, when Patanjali spoke about it, everything fell in line and he became the founder. He was not the founder, but his personality is such a combination of opposites, he comprehends in himself such incomprehensible elements, he became the founder – almost the founder. Now Yoga will always be associated with Patanjali.”
Rajneesh’s Osho yogi’s “Ten Commandments”
In his early days as Rajneesh’s Osho yogi’s, a correspondent once asked for his “Ten Commandments”. In reply, Rajneesh’s Osho yogi’s said that it was a difficult matter because he was against any kind of commandment, but “just for fun”, set out the following:
- Never obey anyone’s command unless it is coming from within you
- There is no God other than life itself.
- Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.
- Love is prayer.
- To become a nothingness is the door to truth.Nothingness itself is the means, the goal and attainment.
- Life is now and here.
- Live wakefully.
- Do not swim—float.
- Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.
- Do not search. That which is, is. Stop and see.
He underlined numbers 3, 7, 9 and 10.The ideas expressed in these Commandments have remained constant